[Koha] running server over dsl adsl etc etc

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jun 20 21:08:32 NZST 2002

COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:

>What experiences have users out there had running  their server over dsl/adsl
> qwest says I can do  this on the commercial offering of a dsl account and
>lease IP addresses... are there any glitches? Pitfalls? etc etc...
>
>Would like to hear what others may have experienced…

The main problem is you upload limit, as you upload limit will be
customer download limit :-(((
Here, in france, the "standard" DSL (the cheapest) has 16kb upload
limit, which is not enough for a commercial product. The next one is
64kb, which begins to be a good bandwidth

Last note, you need a static ip, of course.
--
Paul