[Koha] CLARIFICATION re adding books question

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jun 19 13:40:51 NZST 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 13:15, Pete Dubler wrote:
> CLARIFICATION:  my acquisition and circulation screens don't look
> anything at all like those at:
>
> http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/circ/circulation.pl
> or
> http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbooks.pl

Ok, to get the acquisitions looking the same, you need to edit an entry
in the systempreferences table.

If you jump into the koha database and run

update systempreferences set value='simple' where
variable='acquisitions';

Then your acquisitions should look the same. I suspect you are running
the complex acquisitions system at the moment. Which does ordering, and
budgets .. and is perhaps overkill for what you need.
So switching to simple acquisitions might be the best bet.

Im not sure about the circulation.pl one tho .. could you send a screen
shot?

Chris

PS you may also be able to change the systempreferences from within the
/admin/ area, but I think there is a bug there at present

Chris Cormack                                      chris at katipo.co.nz
Programmer                                                025 500 579
Katipo Communications                                www.katipo.co.nz