[Koha] Where to report bugs?

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue May 7 09:37:25 NZST 2002

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 09:06:02PM -0700, Alan Millar said:
> Hi-
>
> I'm trying out Koha to manage my personal book collection.  I had problems
> getting 1.1.1 to work, so I downloaded a recent CVS snapshot and followed
> the instructions on the Wiki site.  The revised instructions are good.
>
> I've come across a few bugs here and there.  Not doc shortcomings,
> but things that are actual bugs or "features".  Should I post to the
> list, to the Slashdot site, or some other process?

Posting to sourceforge would be good thanks :)

> Things I've found in CVS snapshot from May 1 2002:
>
> - DB upgrade from earlier version (I love that!)
>   updater/updatedatabase has an error in a column name.  In table z3950queue,
>   the column "numercords" should be "numrecords".  It definitely doesn't
>   work with the wrong column name...  :-)

Ahh thanks, ill tidy this up.

> - Simple acquisition module:  marcimport.pl doesn't handle branches
>   correctly.  The pull-down list for home branch is hardcoded, which
>   should come from the branches table.  Worse, the holding branch
>   doesn't even have a form field, it is hardcoded to 'STWE'
>
> - Keyword search doesn't work in the simple acquisitions module
>   on my database, because the "biblio" table is missing the
>   "abstract" column.  The abstract column exists in database.mysql
>   from CVS, but doesn't appear to be added by updater/updatedatabase

Yep abstract is a new thing, and is still being worked on. (The danger of
grabbing a cvs snapshot is it doesnt always contain complete code :) )

> Let me know the best way to help in reporting things like this.  Thanks!

I think either Sourceforge, or the koha-devel mailing list which you can
join at sourceforge, might be the best places.

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz