[Koha] Re: user comments

Nicholas Rosasco nsr at etome.net
Sat May 4 09:42:23 NZST 2002

> Having said this, I have absolutely no aversion to anonymising
> the data. It
> certainly appears that it will need to be done for places where there is
> fear of litigation or court orders forcing you to reveal that data.
> I just want to make sure we dont lose big chunks of functionality
> in doing so.
Cool.  Thanks -- I know it is an ethics area for ALA members, and possibly a
legal one for Euro, etc librarians.

> In talking things over with people. Perhaps having a last borrower record
> attached to each item then demographically anonymising the issues data on
> return might be the way to go?
Sounds cool to me.  Another reason to do it is for weed out candidate lists
(you know, what isn't being used at all).

> Or even worse someone returns a dvd case without the dvd in it,
> the data is
> anonymised, now someone has a free dvd.
Perhaps.  Don't we have (or shouldn't we have?) a function that returns
permits  "who has this now" checks on a barcode.  Most library circulation
staff (with perishable items :) like DVDs, etc) open the box/case before
running it through the return function -- a "who has" would let them check
w/out removing the item.