[Koha] Intro and Questions

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Fri May 3 10:48:43 NZST 2002

Hello Heath,
 I can't answer your first query, but I can answer your librarian's
question.
To do an inventory, I would run a query in SQL. For example, if I
was checking on books possibly missing, I would run a report listing
all the books that were supposed to be on the shelf and that had not
been issued in the last X months. Then go check the shelves for
those books. It isn't necessary to do the whole library at once - you
can select a chunk of stock that's manageable this week, and a
different chunk next week.
Hope that helps.
Rosalie Blake
Horowhenua Library Trust

On 2 May 2002, at 10:04, Heath Robinson wrote:

> Hello.  I am the sysadmin for a small international school in France,
> and we are considering using Koha.  However, I do have a couple of
> questions.  We have Windows 2K servers, and I have noticed that
> someone is working on a port.  I am open to doing some testing and
> small fixes if the port is usable.  If the port is not stable, what
> level of machine would be required to support a library of around
> 10000 volumes?
Secondly, the librarian has asked me about doing