[Koha] A simple question about Class

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Apr 30 10:25:10 NZST 2002

Hi

> Thanks a lot for your information. I have the following puzzle to be solved.
>
> >> In http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/, if you search by "Understanding your
> >> brain" by Title in the cataloge page. Then you click the TITLE
> >> Understanding your brain, You get the Class J612.82. How did J get
> >> into it? What did J represent and how can I input it into the Koha
> >> system?
>
> >As it's a non fiction book the class is the dewey number.  You enter it
> either
> >as part of acquisioning a book or if you've already got an entry, by
> clicking on
> >the "modify" button in the group record - you get this page.
>
> >http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-
> bin/koha/modbibitem.pl?bibitem=93999&biblio=41244&submit.x=
> >41&submit.y
> >=22
>
> However, if I enter J612.82 as part of acquisioning a book, Koha doesn't
> take it. By I do can modify it to J612.82 or a123 as you showed me(for that
> thanks a lot). It seems in acquisionting page, the dewey number can not take
> anything with letters. It can only take numbers. That is the reason why I ask
> how did this J get into http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/ dewey part?

I suspect for HLT it actually came in with their big data import - but they may
also use a different acquisitions module to you - they use the full
acquisitions within the library, where as at the moment on the demo site I
think it is the simple acquisitions that is running.

However it sounds like you might have found a bug between the two systems
- because I'd have thought you could enter in the same info in both.

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org