[Koha] A simple question about Class

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Apr 30 09:50:40 NZST 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:47:05AM +1200, Rachel Hamilton-Williams said:
> HI
>
> > In http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/, if you search by "Understanding your brain" by
> > Title in the cataloge page. Then you click the TITLE Understanding your brain,
> > You get the Class J612.82. How did J get into it? What did J represent and how
> > can I input it into the Koha system?
>
> As it's a non fiction book the class is the dewey number.  You enter it either
> as part of acquisioning a book or if you've already got an entry, by clicking on
> the "modify" button in the group record - you get this page.
>
> http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-
> bin/koha/modbibitem.pl?bibitem=93999&biblio=41244&submit.x=41&submit.y
> =22

Im fairly sure that in this case the J just stands for junior.
Hopefully one of the Horowhenua Librarians will see this and correct me if
im wrong :)

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz