[Koha] how do i insert books into the database (fwd)

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 29 20:55:15 NZST 2002

"Md. Aftabuddin" wrote:

> sir,
> How do i insert books into the database? I am not getting the screen
> ( adding new items to the library inventory  )displayed on the site
> hlt.katipo.co.nz after clicking on acquisitions
> insted i am getting aquisitions page.?
> Thanking you.

The default acquisitions method rom the koha 1.1.1 version should work
fine... but... the acquisitions page at  hlt.katipo.co.nz is using a
different (simpler) method. To see the same setup on your own machine
you'll need to download latest files from cvs at koha.sorceforge.net
then set  "systempreferences" table  to  "simple" (instead of "normal").

After you install the CVS stuff, then you can change systemprefs from
"normal" to "simple".

> Whether i have to change the systemprefs table. then what changes

You can add items using addbooks.pl from CVS files - these files are
found in cvs version in:

   /cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/*

I am re-posting this to list as maybe you missed it from private... or
maybe I don't understand your problem?

Anyhow, hope that helps,

R.