[Koha] Koha post-installation questions on how to use the system

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Fri Apr 26 15:53:36 NZST 2002

Yaogeng Cheng wrote:

[--snip--]
> >> Results 1 to 10 displayed, but it didn't display anything with only a
> >> green box nothing shown there. But I can found it in Catalogue
> >> Maintenance page.
>
> >Can you run a keyword search and then look in to see if there is an error
> message in your >web server log? If message exists, then post a copy here?
> I did not find any error message in my error log.

OK - Then maybe you have something missing from your tables? Try
creating a new entry manually - by using the koha "Acquisitions" menu
options. If that is too confusing then change "systempreferences" (from
"Parameters" menu) option to "simple"... and add some new entries. Then
do a keyword search for the new entries and see if that works?

> I am still waiting for the answer for the exact locations stuff. Please let
> me know what do you think when you got time.

> > Second:In parameter page, budget and book funds will direct to the
> > same page(book funds);

Again, I think this may be something missing from your db tables - Do
you have entries in the "aqbookfund" and "aqbudget" tables, with
matching entries for "bookfundid"?

> > and there is no perl file for the aqbooksellers

That's OK - Just delete that option from the "Parameters" menu if you
like - It's not required :-)

> > page.
> >
> > I also have another questions to ask. How do you put the exact
> > location (which shelf, which column)of the book/CD in to the system?

I don't understand the question - do you mean something like "how do you
enter the physical location (which bookshelf or cd strorage rack) of the
book/CD into your database"? Can you please provide more information
about what result you want to achieve?

Thanks,

R.