[Koha] gripe + NT struggles

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Mar 19 21:51:36 NZST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 21:39, Andrew Hooper wrote:
> Chris et. al - I have been following this thread with interest - you may
> recall I'm the mug trying to port Koha over to NT.
>
> My 2c worth - I did download the sample-data and found it too large and
> unwieldy to be of any practical use. If anyone can contribue a smaller
> sample-data set from a *working* system, I for one would find that of
> great assistance.

Hi Andrew,

I guess I can go threw the sample data and drop out all the tables that
arent needed to be added manually. And make a smaller version for that
purpose.
I'll have a go at that in the weekend. Hopefully someone else might beat
me to it.

> I also have really struggled to get the system working at all with the
> minimalist installation instructions. I found the duality of the scripts
> and c4 directories particularly difficult to understand and implement
> successfully on NT. I should emphasise that I'm only doing a platform
> port - I am leaving the database in MySql and the Code in Perl, having
> simply availed myself of the excellent Win32 engines available for
> both...
>
> Any assistance from anyone on the list who can provide better
> step-by-step installation instructions (including entries required in
> tables) would be very helpful. Thanks.

Sebastiaan Durand sebastiaan at famdurand.nu had gotten the system up and
runing under Win2k and WinXP with lotus domino as the webserver.

So perhaps he can help you out.

Hope this is some help
Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                               Programmer
025 500 789                                  Katipo Communications Ltd