[Koha] gripe

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Mar 18 15:48:03 NZST 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 15:34, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> hi all
> i have a major gripe: koha doesnt run out of the box. ok. it is open source.
> but atleast you could add something in your INSTALL file to tell us that
> certain tables have to be manually filled in to start. i downloaded the
> archive for this list and spent two days distilling it. found that certain
> hardworking people actually found out - on their own - that some things had
> to be done manually to start up. agreed that you have done great work. do you
> think that it will take that long to add a little thingie to the end of your
> INSTALL file to tell us what we have to do manually to get the system up and
> running.

Fair call, this is something we do need to tidy up.

> one more gripe: you ask us to download from sourceforge. and then say 'ouch,
> those files are pretty old - try this link'.
> i personally think that you are doing opensource a disfavour. i'm from india.
> downloading is slow and expensive. please put your latest stuff where the
> search engines point

The release on sourceforge is the latest release we have.
There is no newer release. What I was pointing you at was the cvs
archives, where you can check out the files that will be the 1.2.0
release. But there is no newer tarball, apart from the nightly cvs
tarball that sourceforge makes automatically. Which isnt a release.

Sorry If there was a misunderstanding.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                               Programmer
025 500 789                                  Katipo Communications Ltd