[Koha] Re: [Koha-devel] For the (non)coder

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Wed Nov 7 07:22:30 NZDT 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Nicholas Stephen Rosasco wrote:

> Is there any sort of target goal/date (I know MARC/z39.50 "completeness"
> is coming along soon -- what a fantastic tool that is!  thanks!!!) for
> getting a new version packaged, and are any translation issues for the
> database for the new format expected?

Regarding translation.  Despite living in a bilingual country, translation
isn't my forte (note the use of french there.  :)

Translation isn't really required for the database, it's required for the
interface.  Ideally, every string that is displayed to the user should be
sent to a gettext() call that looks up a translation to the user's
preferred language, if one is available.  This is no small undertaking
even before any translations are done.  I know that _I_ won't be doing it
for this release.

Steve.