[Koha] Re: [Koha-devel] FAQ

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Thu Nov 1 11:38:57 NZDT 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Zeki Celikbas wrote:

> > http://142.28.224.14/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbookslccn.pl
> >

> It's very good job! I've tried this module for a few books. I've found it
> almost user friendly and practical. Some correction and addition could
> be made by hand while entering data. We have about five thousands
> books at library present. we do not need to be enter acquisition
> information about this books. we only need a tool to catalogue this
> books instantly. we are using standard koha 1.1.1 distribution. is yours
> marc module could be integrated to this distribution? And can we do
> that?

Most likely.  At the moment, it reads the marc record files directly off
the server.  This is most likely not convenient for most users.  It works
for me because I have the librarians logged into the server using samba or
via diskless x-terminals so when they save a downloaded marc record file
to their home directory, it is easily accessible by the web script running
on the server and this saves a step for the librarians.

An alternative setup would be to allow file uploads through a form so that
the user could upload a marc record file to the server from their
workstation.  This is a minor modification.  If enough people are
interested in that functionality, I might consider adding it.

Steve.