[Koha] adding items

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Sat Jul 28 04:17:01 NZST 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Zeki Celikbas wrote:

> i'm tring and driving into koha. I've solved the card number problem
> by using the one of the number from koha's demo page. But how
> can I add an item to catalogue or library collection?

You should be able to add items using the "Acquisitions" Module.  The
membership number uses a complicated algorithm to verify that a given
number is valid.   I believe this is intended to make it difficult to
"forge" a library card.  I modified Koha to not require this verification,
as I use the Linux uid of my users as their library card number as well.

I actually populate the Koha membership database automatically from my
Linux accounts database.

It might be worthwhile to make that number verification an option and have
it disabled by default.  How are people supposed to generate valid card
numbers?  Maybe the new membership routine should generate a new card
number when it comes up?

Steve.