[Koha] More MARC development

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 07:54:53 NZST 2001

Hi Steve! Looks neat keep up the good work!

Sounds like the  open source meeting  AT ALA in SF calif. USA was real
interesting

here is what was there...... I was not able to make it but Bette Sharpe did
attend and will be bringing  me back a stash of whatever she could grab....

Ed Sharpe

LITA Open Source Systems Interest Group Program:
"Web Tools and Digital Resources: Open Source Then and Now"
Sunday, June 17, 2001, 8:30am-10:30am
Marriot Golden Gate Section B

Access and services that libraries provide is often limited by the software
and services that they are able to purchase.  But an
alternative--freely-available open source software--is available to help
libraries improve and shape services and better meet users' needs. But how
can librarians get involved in development of these products and contribute
to the process?  This program features open source developers discussing
their projects:  Larry Wall and PERL, Eric Lease Morgan and
<A HREF="mailto:MyLibrary at NCState">MyLibrary at NCState</A>, and Willem Schulton with projects in rural public
libraries.

Speakers:
1. Willem Scholten, Executive Director, Waitt Family Foundation Technology
Resource Center, Seattle, WA

2. Eric Lease Morgan, Networked Resources Development Librarian, North
Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC 27695-7111

3. Larry Wall, PERL Inventor and author, c/o O'Reilly & Associates,
Sebastopol, CA 95472