FW: [Koha] Re: marc and stuff!

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat May 26 09:53:41 NZST 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 05:16:06PM -0400, COURYHOUSE at aol.com said:
> preference would of course  be to also store them in MARC as well but one
> thing at a time!
>
> ed

Hi Ed

Forgive me if im wrong, and please correct me if I am, but Im not sure why its
nessecary to store things in MARC. A MARC file AFAIK is just a sequential
file that follows a set format.
Having the format set allows the file to be transferred between systems that
understand that format.
I dont see why it is nessecary to store the data as a sequential file, if
you have some easy routines that can a) easily parse said file and store it
in our database and b) can retrieve information from our database and create
a MARC record from it.