[Koha] Re: marc and stuff!

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri May 25 08:15:18 NZST 2001

Steve, I will ramble some too.....
(think I will build the LINUX server this weekend)

I have spoken to several other libraries here in Arizona that are considering
automating, they are not large library districts but one has two branches so
sizable enough..... In my instance I could live without MARC loading and
exporting  but I don't really want to.... In the case of the others libraries
here they MUST have MARC. Has to do with interlibrary loans  and the Liberian
went on to explain....

But in talking  with people, they want to use  something that adheres to
standards.

Our library of course being a reference library never  inter library loans
and we do not allow patrons to check things out even ... too much  that is
not replaceable!

The reason We wish to have MARC is it is the standard, and if others wish to
use records that we have generated through  original cataloging they will
have them in the format that  they use.