[Koha] installation question

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Apr 30 10:21:53 NZST 2001

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 10:45:25AM -0500, Jian Liu said:
> Hello,
>
> Before starting, I'd like to know if I can install it in an environment
> where I have no access to /etc where koha.conf should be, nor setting up
> the virtual host. Basically, I have an account on the web server (apache),
> where I can execute cgi scripts but no access to root, and I have access
> to mysql on another machine.

Sorry about the late reply.

But yes you probably can get this to work.

What you can do is edit C4/Output.pm
See this line
open (KC, "/etc/koha.conf");
(its about line 47)
You can make that be your homedir/koha.conf and put the conf file there if
you like.

You will also have to edit C4/Database.pm
line 57: open (KC, "/etc/koha.conf");  to reflect your changes above.
Then in your conf file you can set it up to use a remote database.

Hope this helps

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz