[Koha] Web-based circulation interface

kaye.guidetti at wesley.com.au kaye.guidetti at wesley.com.au
Tue Jan 23 13:39:04 NZDT 2001

I don't see any problem with just having a link to another page which
displays the overdues - many library software programs handle it this way.
Would also like to see a flag if there is a reserved book waiting for the
borrower to collect. I can't tell you how many times a borrower has
borrowed his books and walked out only to have another staff member come
over and say - did Mr so and so collect the book that was waiting for him?
Borrower has holds / Borrower has books to collect / or something similar??
Sirsi Unicorn software just flags accounts (money owing). If there is money
owing for an overdue fine you get caught, if there is money owing for a
lost book you get caught, if there is money owing because you have to pay a
reservation fee on a book that is now available to collect you get caught,
but you get the book too.

Chris Cormack <chris at katipo.co.nz>@lists.katipo.co.nz on 23/01/2001
23:31:17

Sent by:  koha-admin at lists.katipo.co.nz

To:   Tonnesen Steve <tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca>
cc:   koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Fax to:
Subject:  Re: [Koha] Web-based circulation interface

* Tonnesen Steve <tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca> [010123 13:14]:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Chris Cormack wrote:
>

> > Is the code up in cvs on sourceforge?
>
> It is now.  I've also fixed a bug with issuing reserved books that was
> pointed out by Kaye Guidetti.  Another feature that is missing is the
> flags information.  Although my patron information shows NOTES and ODUES
> flags, there is currently now way to see the information.  I'm thinking
of
> just including the flag information at the bottom of the issues page, to
> save having to reload another page for each flag that comes up.

That sounds like a good idea. We have more screen real estate with a web
browser than we do with a curses screen, so no real reason to have to click
through to another page.

What do the librarians think?

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Programmer
chris at katipo.co.nz
www.katipo.co.nz

This email message has been swept by MIMESweeper
for The Wesley Group of Hospitals- Australia

Although this email has been scanned for any known virus, please
ensure that due care is taken and correct virus management procedures
are maintained.

If you have any questions contact the Help Desk on x7029 or via
email at help at wesley.com.au

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee named above, and may
contain confidential or legally privileged information.  The copying,
distribution or use of this document or any  of the information
contained in this document, by persons other than the addressee, is
expressly prohibited.

If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender or
info at wesley.com.au, and then delete this document.  Unless stated
otherwise, this e-mail represents only the views of the sender and not the views
of the Wesley Group of Hospitals.

Tel: (61) 7 3232 7000                Fax: (61) 7 3371 6834
E-mail: info at wesley.com.au           Web: http://www.wesley.com.au