[Koha] Installation Log

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Dec 11 09:52:47 NZDT 2000

Hi Steve,

> I'd like to post my log regarding installing Koha both to document my
> experience and to get some feedback on snags I'm hitting:

Thanks for this Steve.

> 3. Edited scripts/C4/Database.pm with kohausername and kohauserpass
>    Also had to set name of database to 'Koha'  <-- wasn't documented
>    in INSTALL file

Ahh sorry, Ill fix this up

> Some problems that I have encountered thus far:
>
> 1.  When adding entries to basket, link to supplier points to
>     whitcouls.html which is supposed to be a demo page, I gather,
>     but doesn't exist in any case.

Right you are,
Will fix this up also.

> 2.  When viewing basket, total is always $16.95 (hard coded in
>     basket.pl) and subtotal, gst and total are always blank.

Hmm, yep, need to sort that out also

> 3.  When receiving an order, I can select the book that was received
>     from the order and enter the appropriate information, but clicking on
>     the "Save Changes" link on the next page returns an error (tries to
>     load /cgi-bin/koha/acqui/, which is a directory, not a script).

Weird, broken redirect in the script it sounds like.

Acqusitions is the area with the most bugs at the moment, and thus the
area im working on at the moment.

I hope to have a lot of fixes included in v1.07 which i hope to release
around this friday.

Thanks for taking the time to document your install, and point out the
problems. Its really helpful.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                  Katipo Communications
Programmer/Sys Admin                           chris at katipo.co.nz
025 500 789                                    www.katipo.co.nz