[Koha] Installed but not working

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Nov 16 17:03:16 NZDT 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Brad Joyce wrote:

> Hi,
> Ive got the Koha library program installed but it isnt running properly.
> Could some one take a look and tell me what could be wrong.
> These sites should work
>
> koha.coffsccs.nsw.edu.au
> opac.coffsccs.nsw.edu.au

Hi Brad,

It appears that apache cant find the koha cgi scripts.
They should be in cgi-bin/koha/
So say if koha.coffsccs.nsw.edu.au is setup to point to
/usr/local/www/koha

under there you would have htdocs (or public_html or similair) with ur
html in there, and a cgi-bin dir.
In cgi-bin you would have koha and in that dir all your cgi scripts
so the directory structure would be something like this
/usr/local/www/koha/htdocs
and /usr/local/www/koha/cgi-bin/koha

And the entry in ur apache file would look something like this
<VirtualHost koha.coffsccs.nsw.edu.au>
  ServerAdmin brad at coffsccs.nsw.edu.au
  DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/koha/htdocs
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/www/koha/cgi-bin/
  ServerName koha.coffsccs.nsw.edu.au
  ErrorLog logs/koha-error_log
  Transferlog logs/koha-access_log
</VirtualHost>

Something very similair would be setup for the opac.

I hope this helps

Chris