[Koha] Need help with installation

Simon Blake simon at katipo.co.nz
Mon Nov 6 14:33:25 NZDT 2000

Hi Brad

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 06:36:45AM -0800, Brad Joyce said:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thank you for your reply, you may like to pass this on to Chris but if you
> can help it would be great.  I have tired several things with perl in an
> attempt to getting Cdk installed.  I have obviously made a hash of things
> and am stongly contemplating reisntalling perl all over.

It sounds to me like you haven't got CDK library installed yet, so no amount
of messing with perl will get things working for you.

> I have installed the Cdk library to /usr/local/includes/cdk

Made and installed?  or just extracted the tgz file?

> When I first tried to install cdk I did not know and still not sure, where
> several of the loacations and programs that the cdk README file refers to
> are. Those being
> - The cursers directroy
> - The header files

These will come with your OS - there's likely an ncurses development .rpm
that you'll need to install, before CDK can be built.  (sorry, I can't be
more specific, I don't know enough about Redhat to be able to tell you the
name of the file).

> - The configuration file for perl to point perl to these,  The README refers
> to a configuration program in the perl home directory I don't know where
> that is.  I have a RedHat 6.1 server and I am guessing that the perl home is
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site-perl/5.005/i386-linux.  Even if this is correct there
> is no file named configuration so I can't configure perl.
>
> I gave up on that approch and in my way through this discovered that you can
> use CPAN
> I have tried the following.
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> >install Cdk

There is no way at all that the CPAN install will work if the manual one
doesn't, since CPAN installations just run the manual installers for you.
There's also no chance that the perl module will work until you've got the
CDK C library installed properly - there's no point doing anything with perl
until you've got to the stage where the demos that come with the CDK C
library work.

Paste in the actual errors you get compiling the CDK C library, and
we'll likely going to be able to give more succinct help.

Cheers
Si

Simon Blake                                             simon at katipo.co.nz
Katipo Communications                                       +64 25 300 825

----- End forwarded message -----

Simon Blake                                             simon at katipo.co.nz

Simon Blake                                             simon at katipo.co.nz
Katipo Communications                                       +64 25 300 825