[Koha] Introduction - Plans for the Future

Mark Tearle mtearle at tearle.com
Wed Aug 30 04:32:00 NZST 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:

> > 3) How do you see Koha evolving?
>
> We're pretty well planning to take over the world :-)

*inserts mental image of Pinky and The Brain cartoon here*

> > 4) Is there a feature/wish list for Koha?
>
> Absoloutely - only about a mile long :-)
>
> There are 2 groups of "wishers" at the moment - the ones from the library/s
> that have it working, and those who would like added stuff before they can
> consider using it.

I'd think UniSFA would sit in between these two at the moment, there's
probably enough working functionality in Koha that we could deploy now,
it just wouldn't be pretty ....

> We are focused on those for our current users, so they include fixing typo's,
> improvements to the issues and returns/circulation module, tidy ups around
> acquisisitons and perhaps more wholesale changes now its been used for a
> bit, adding lots of memeber functionality to the OPAC, and still searching
> for a great report writer.  Getting multi-lingual ability is something
> we're really keen to see as well although it falls a bit outside of this
> "core business".

I wrote down a quick list of the functionality that I needed to get working
in terms of a library system: acquisitions, borrowing, returns, import of
existing system, OPAC  featured highly on my list

> We have basically finished phase one of about 3 phases as identified by us
> and Horowhenua library.

Can you elaborate on this more?

Yours
Mark
Mark Tearle - mark at tearle.com

Stone: Let's stick to established procedures.           -- The Andromeda
Leavitt: Establishment gonna fall down and go boom.            Strain (1971)