[Koha] KOHA DOWNGRADE

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 22 22:44:34 NZST 2024

Hi Russel

You wrote:

 > Does anyone know how to move from codename release Koha, to version
 > number.
 > When our Koha was installed it was initially put on codename and this
 > automatically updates our koha to a newer version.
 > Thus, we would like to make it stop, and stay on that version of Koha
 > until the package sources are changed.
 >
 > Please advise where to change to stop the automatic update of koha.
 > *We are currently on:*
 > *Koha oldoldstable* (23.05)

You'll find the needed information here:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian#Choosing_what_Koha_release_to_follow_-_a_version_number_or_a_codename

Personally I always deactivate the line in file
"/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list" like this, adding character # at the
beginning if the line:

#deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/koha-keyring.gpg]
http://debian.koha-community.org/koha 24.05 main

And I also put both packages "koha-common" and "koha-l10n" on hold as
Linux user "root", using this command:

apt-mark hold koha-common koha-l10n

Because I definitely never ever want automatic Koha updates (which for
example would overwrite manual configuration changes in the file system
without warning).

Best wishes: Michael