[Koha] Export Data tool fails (only tool that fails)- ver 23.11.06

David Nind david at davidnind.com
Sat Jul 20 09:49:56 NZST 2024

Hi Evan.

It's a long time since I've dealt with Apache server errors and the 503
error you are getting, but here are some things to look at:

- As you have tried with plenty of server memory, it's not likely to be
that. It may be something to do with how Apache is configured - including
settings like the Timeout, KeepAlive, MaxKeepAliveRequests,
KeepAliveTimeout settings.

- I would look at the Apache server logs to see if there is something more
in there about the cause of the issue.

- If your server is behind a firewall, proxy servers, or caches (something
I don't know much about) then that may be contributing as well.

It may also be a Koha bug, but 63,000 items is not that large, and I
couldn't find a bug about performance issues when exporting the catalog.

For running the misc/export_records.pl script from the command line, then
outputting to the terminal instead of saving to the file, this may be a
file permission error (well, that's what my searching says).

In my local development environment testing, it was saving the file to
where I ran the command line from. So maybe changing the path of the file
to somewhere where the user you are running the command with has permission
may work.

I'm not a system admin, so hopefully more experienced Koha system
administrators can share what they would try to troubleshoot the issues you
are having.

David Nind
New Zealand