[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Enquiry

Lauren Denny lauren_denny at sil.org
Sat Jul 13 06:13:51 NZST 2024

When I've imported from one system something that is sort of unique to
Koha, is the field used for the item records.  Koha uses 952 many other
systems use 942 or 852.  If you want items to appear on the records you
need to move the item info to 952.  The 952 field has to have the correct
codes for library, item type, and any other authorized values used for item
records that you set up in Koha or the records will not import like Fred
said..

Koha also likes records to have a leader (LDR or 000) and 008 fields.  If
these are missing, it messes with your search results.  I added a record in
Koha with a generic leader and then copyed it and added the field to all my
records in MarcEdit and do the same with the 008.

Another common thing to clean is the indicators especially for 245.
Depending on what your records look like or if you want to 'skip' any
leading articles - a, an, the, you need to use the correct indicators.

Hope this helps,
Lauren