[Koha] Security configuration changes for Elasticsearch 7 and Koha

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 24 10:39:55 NZDT 2024

Hello everybody

We encountered a few issues with the security configuration required for
Elasticsearch 7.17 since upgrading from ES6. We started with the minimal
security setup documentation
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.17/security-minimal-setup.html
and we have a cluster with multiple nodes, so moved on to the basic
security setup documentation
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.17/security-basic-setup.html
but found we were getting all kinds of errors that we didn't know how to
handle.

Has anyone else implemented security for a multi-node Elasticsearch 7
cluster that could provide some insights?

--
*Aleisha Amohia (she/her)*
Technical Lead | Rōpū kohinga

*Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group company*
Tel: +64 4 803 2259 or +61 3 9116 2642 | www.catalyst.net.nz
<http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Follow Catalyst Koha on Twitter <https://twitter.com/catalystkoha> |
Subscribe to the Catalyst Koha newsletter
<https://catalyst.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=62457ff5060d15ee3c07d3fc4&id=b73fbdcac8>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.