[Koha] Data migration to new koha instance

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Fri Aug 30 23:49:33 NZST 2024

Hi!

On Fri, Aug 30, 2024 at 11:25:36AM +0000, Nirmit Krishnatray wrote:

> I want to migrate all the data including patron, catalogue and transactional data from old version 18 to stable version 22.05.

I think / assume that this should work if you do all the upgrade steps from 18 to 22.

> Also, I want to know how can I migrate these data from a different library software.

Catalogue data can be imported via the bulkmarcimport.pl script. So if your other library software can export that, then you're lucky :-)

If not, you'll have to convert whatever data you get to MARC21 first and the run bulkmarcimport.pl

For some of the other data (eg patron) there are importers available in Koha, but probably not for all. In those cases you would have to figure out how to import your old data directly into the Koha MySQL DB.

Greetings,
domm

--
Thomas Klausner               domm                  https://domm.plix.at
Just another ( Perl | Postgres | Bicycle | Food | Photo | Vinyl ) Hacker

City Too Hot
[ 2024-08-29 10:00 > https://domm.plix.at/potd/2024-08-29.html ]

I'm seriously challenging my career choices as I have not ended up doing stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY6q9hwYcoc - Destroying Lego Towers
[ 2024-08-05 11:01 > https://domm.plix.at/microblog.html ]