[Koha] High CPU usage, slow OPAC/Staff interface, with memcache

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Fri Aug 16 20:34:43 NZST 2024

Hi Daniel,

I agree with Alvaro's suggestion. We recently had the same problem (and the
same script opac-search.pl taking up all the CPU). A look through the
apache log files showed very frequent accesses by a number of bots. I put a
robots.txt file at the top level of the site and the problem went away. We
did notice that it takes time for the bots to notice the file so it took a
day or so for the load to really fall back.

Hope this helps

Chris Brown