[Koha] Mattermost - the new place to be for all things Koha

Auld, Andrew andrew.auld at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Apr 16 03:34:30 NZST 2024

*Mattermost - the new place to be for all things Koha*

chat.koha-community.org

Many of us have been discussing for ages how we would like to improve
communication across the Koha Community and these discussions really came
to a head at Hackfest last week in Marseille.

We all decided that we needed a new tool that is as inclusive as possible,
open source, modern, easy to use and familiar. The tool selected is
Mattermost and you can start to use it straight away to ask questions,
discuss bugs, raise issues or find out news about the Koha project.

It will take a few weeks to settle into, and to implement all of the
connections, integrations and bots that will make it as near perfect as a
tool can be, but if you are happy to just dive in, then go over to
chat.koha-community.org and log in.

There is currently a bridge to IRC so that anything posted in IRC appears
in a channel in Mattermost and anything posted in that channel (in
Mattermost) appears in IRC. There are no plans to leave IRC completely - it
will take time for everyone to get used to Mattermost and for the community
to make sure it isn’t cutting out any voices if it does decide to stop
using IRC.

The current Mailing lists are also unaffected by this change.

PTFS Europe is hosting the Koha Community Mattermost server and there are a
number of admin users across the community.

--

Andrew Auld

Commercial Director

PTFS Europe

[image: Phone icon] M: +44 7811 370104 | T: +44 1483 378728 ext. 1010

[image: Email icon] andrew.auld at ptfs-europe.com

[image: Link icon] www.ptfs-europe.com

Sign up for our Newsletter. <http://eepurl.com/dPjjkn>

<http://www.linkedin.com/company/ptfs-europe-limited>