[Koha] Error 500 when searching in Koha 23.11.0

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Apr 13 11:27:44 NZST 2024

Hi

Just for the record: I updated from Koha 21.11.10 to 23.11.04.

When searching the catalogue I got a result list, but when clicking a
single hit I got an error 500. In file "plack-error.log" I found this:

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st
execute failed: Unknown column 'issue.renewals_count' in 'field list' at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Objects.pm line 317

In Koha 21.11 this column was called "issues.renewals" and in Koha 23.11
it should be called "issues.renewals_count" - but for whatever reason
the upgrade did not rename it properly. I have done that myself:

ALTER TABLE issues RENAME COLUMN renewals TO renewals_count;

Now single hits show up.

PS1: The error message says the column is "issue.renewals_count" but
actually it is "issues.renewals_count".

PS2: https://schema.koha-community.org/23_11/tables/issues.html says the
type of this column is tinyint(3) while it actually is tinyint(4).

Best wishes: Michael