[Koha] Call to Koha Community presence on The Perl and Raku Conference 2024 in Las Vegas (US) on June 24-28

Andrii nugged at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:40:50 NZST 2024

At the past "Perl and Koha conferences in Helsinki" we made an efficient
effort to interconnect the communities, Per and Koha.
Here is another step to take to improve this: this summer in Las Vegas
(US), June 24-28:
there will be the *most important Perl event in 2024*: "The Perl and Raku
Conference".
I will be representing us there, but that's not enough ;-).

To increase our Koha presence, interconnection, and respect in the Perl
community,
we need to be represented on this TPRC.us not just by the stand and a few
talks of mine,
but by a bigger Koha track, if possible, at least for a day. To make this
happen, I can't do it alone.
This needs more talkers, Perl-oriented.

If you can come with a talk, even if not sure, but possible - let's
coordinate and combine our efforts.
*I will be glad to help in talk preparation if needed (or just be glad to
be aware that you are coming)*,
– just let me know, Andrii <nugged at gmail.com> <nugged at gmail.com>,

Knowing whom from Koha people want to come and in which role will help us
plan our presence.

!!! IMPORTANT: I/we will be collecting talks ideas/topics for the next week
(!!!),
and then we can improve later,
but we need to declare what we can present during this time for The Perl
Community, so please communicate ASAP 🙏.

We will then post drafts on the "Call for talks" TPRC.us page section
this/next week – I will support you.

Don't be too demanding. If you already had some previous Perl-related talks
at Koha workshops or conferences, it's also good to re-make some of those
for the Perl community.
Simpler topics are good, too, just to show and explain how we solved some
things in Koha Perl/Linux-wise, such as what you or your team did.
Or just regular clean "Perl experience/development talk".

What I can promise you back: you will return from this conference knowing
all core Perl people,
as Perl _and_ Koha community members, insights, and all those things
and Perl community will add to their trust in Koha as the current uprising
trend Modern Perl product (and actually sub-Perl community behind!).

I will post some updates to these mailing lists I am currently posting,
and also on this page through the upcoming weeks here:
https://perlkohacon.fi/The-Perl-and-Raku-Conference-Las-Vegas-2024.html

I have a bigger "Koha Open Source Ambassadors Initiative," which I will be
presenting and calling the Perl community to join, so I will announce that
separately soon. We are also working on expanding our support for Ukrainian
Libraries (ULRI <https://perlkohacon.fi/ULRI.html>).

Also, for any other topics, you're welcome to contact me on LinkedIn:
linkedin.com/in/nugged chat or email.

--
With respect, Andrii Nugged, nugged at gmail.com