[Koha] Format of Barcode

Furst, Kevin kfurst at prbschools.org
Thu Sep 7 03:37:28 NZST 2023

Hello,

I have an issue with how the next barcode displays when autofilled when
added a new item to a record. In my autobarode setting, I have
EAN-Incremental 13 Barcode selected. When creating a new item for a record,
the system does autofill the barcode field however the formatting however
it shows up in scientific number format rather than just integers or plain
text.

For example, A barcode we use should look like this:

345171000448832

However, in the form, it fills something like this:

3.45171000471993e+19

Converting that to a real number, I get 34517100047199300000 which is too
large/too many digits. I cannot just lop off the extra zeros. I would like
to understand how that service works and what to try to get it working
correctly.

Thank you,
*Kevin Furst*
Technology Director
Pine River-Backus Schools
o | 218.587.8030
@ | kfurst at prbschools.org

Technology Office/Help Desk:  218-587-8510

*Confidentiality Notice: This E-mail message, including any attachments, is
contact the sender by reply E-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.*