[Koha] Performance improvement suggestions

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Thu Sep 7 02:51:00 NZST 2023

Hi Kevin,

By any chance are you using certbot to provide https encryption?  I
recently set up a new server using certbot, and Koha was incredibly slow
until I realized that the line in the ssl.conf file generated by certbot in
/etc/apache2/sites-available had the Include lines for plack in the
intranet and opac sections commented out.  So in my case plack was running
but it wasn't doing anything.  Not sure how that happened, but once I
uncommented them and restarted apache Koha got much faster.  I manually set
up certbot rather than using the option in koha-create, if that makes any
difference.

c.
Cindy Murdock Ames
IT Services Director