[Koha] Wrong person listed in 245$c statement of responsibility after import

Aida Djikic aidadjikic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:25:38 NZDT 2023

Hello all,

What could I be doing wrong when it comes to my attempt to import theses
and dissertations into Koha via MarcEdit? They were exported from an old
program not really meant for libraries and have been saved as an Excel
file. Some of these records would be treated as items in Koha, but in that
program they were duplicates distinguished by additional designation added
to the call numbers.

After some early issues I thought I had worked them out, and have focused
on cleaning up the data since so I can continue importing it. However,
recently I noticed that the persons listed in 245$c statement of
responsibility do not correspond to the person that should be there (the
author of the thesis).

I am wondering where I could have made a mistake in the import process that
could have resulted in such an error. These are the fields I ultimately
decided to use in Excel, with the help of Fred and Lauren (names in the
example redacted for privacy):

003$0 Control number identifier BA-SaSST
040$c Transcribing agency BA-SaSST
041$a Language eng
080$a UDC 004.65
080$x UDC aux (043.2)
100$a Author Surname, Name
245$a Title Software application for accounting and quantity management of
goods :
245$b Remainder of title undergraduate thesis /
245$c Statement of responsibility, etc. Name Surname
264$a Place of publication Sarajevo
264$b Publisher N. Surname
264$c Year of publication 2008
300$a Physical description (pages) [ ], [ ] pages
300$b Physical description (illustr. etc.) ill. ;
300$c Physical description (dimensions) 30 cm.
500$a General note Includes an abstract.
502$a Dissertation note Computer Science major with Economics minor
502$b Degree type Undergraduate degree
502$c Degree granting institution [dgg] University Sarajevo School of
Science and Technology
502$d Year degree granted 2008
504$a Bibliographical and other notes Includes bibliography and other notes.
526$a Study program information Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
and Economics
563$a Binding Perfect paperback
700$a Thesis advisor [name] Surname, Name
700$e Thesis advisor [relator term] Thesis advisor
546$a Language English
650$a Subject added entry Computer science
653$a Index term - uncontrolled Economics
942$c Koha Item type TH
952$a Home library LBRM21
952$b Current library LBRM21
952$1 Lost 0
952$8 Collection code BSc_CS-ECON
952$c Location THESES
952$i Inventory number T0013/2008
952$o Full call number 004.65(043.2) SUR Sof
952$t copy number 1
952$p Barcode SSSTKL0000001
952$y Item TH

Should I only import records at first, then add items from within Koha?

In addition to the above issue, I have also noticed that the import doesn't
result in a record + an item in cases where I have two or more copies of a
thesis but it imports them as separate records. How can I make sure to
import multiple copies as items?

I was thinking about asking this at the next cataloging SIG but I am not
certain I would make it. Thank you in advance!

--
Regards,
Aida