[Koha] email alert

David Nind david at davidnind.com
Sat Oct 28 07:55:28 NZDT 2023

Hi.

As far as I can know, there is not an easy out-of-the-box feature in the
OPAC for patrons to:
1. Create a search
2. Register/subscribe to an alert for that search
3. Receive an email when new/changed items are added

Hopefully, that is what you are asking about!

The Koha OPAC has RSS feeds (see the icon after the search results title -
"Your search returned XX results."). So patrons could use a feed reader and
subscribe to the RSS feeds. There may also be services available that let
patrons receive RSS feed changes as an email - I haven't looked....

In addition, if you are using a discovery layer (such as Aspen, Vufind,
Bokeh), then they may have this feature.

There are probably other solutions out there... hopefully someone else more
knowledgeable may be able to comment.

David Nind
New Zealand