[Koha] email alert

Wagner, Alexander alexander.wagner at desy.de
Fri Nov 3 20:54:37 NZDT 2023

Hi!

> The Koha OPAC has RSS feeds (see the icon after the search results title -
> "Your search returned XX results."). So patrons could use a feed reader and
> subscribe to the RSS feeds. There may also be services available that let
> patrons receive RSS feed changes as an email - I haven't looked....

Actually, quite a few mail readers can consume RSS feeds and display them "as if" they were emails. (Webmailers, Thunderbird etc.) Sometimes it is hidden a bit. E.g. in Zimbra (webmail) I have to `Create New Folder` and from there I am able to check `Subscribe RSS/Atom Feed` and past the URL as the folder source.

Maybe this could help the patron(s) in question to get the desired result.

--
Kind regards,

Alexander Wagner

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY