[Koha] Elasticsearch authority sorting giving unexpected results

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Mon May 8 15:56:06 NZST 2023

Hi all,

We have some unexpected sorting results happening when we search
authority records. We are using Elasticsearch. Wondering if anyone has
seen this before and knows a code fix or some Elasticsearch
configuration required to fix it.

I've noticed this happens in upstream Koha too so might be a real bug,
with Koha or Elasticsearch, I'm not sure which.

As an example, when we search for "political science" authorities with
the 'heading ascending' sort order, these are the results:

 1. Political science Philosophy
 2. Political science Poetry
 3. Political science
 4. Political science Problems
 5. Political science Quotations

We would expect Political science (#3 in the above results list) to show
first, before the others.

Any ideas?

--
*Aleisha Amohia (she/her)*
Koha Technical Lead

*Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group company*
Tel: +64 4 499 2267 | www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.