[Koha] Linking bibliographic records to the Wikipedia

erlanda_simonyan at flib.sci.am erlanda_simonyan at flib.sci.am
Thu Mar 23 01:53:27 NZDT 2023

Dear list,

We are using Koha 21.05.19 and using JS to link 1xx fields in the bibliographic records to the Wikipedia relevant authors entry.
We are cataloging in different scripts, e.g. Armenian books in Armenian (1xx is in Armenian), books in Cyrillic in Cyrillic script (e.g. 1xx is in Cyrillic), Persian books also are cataloged (e.g. 1xx is in Farsi), and Latin.
Depending on the 1xx script (in each bibl. record only one script is present for 1xx), when pressing in Koha on Wikipedia icon next to the authors name we will be happy to be redirected to the different Wikipedia repositories, e.g.
- for Armenian authors to be redirected to the hy.wikipedia.org
- for Russian authors to be redirected to the ru.wikipedia.org
- for English authors to be redirected to the en.wikipedia.org
etc

How to solve this problem?

many thanks,
Erlanda