[Koha] Need Department and Designatation info for Patrons

Rupinder Singh jessedhammu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:55:21 NZDT 2023

Hi,
So, I've been working on koha for the last few years now. Koha is a
wonderful software and works well with all kinds of libraries, But what I
observed is, it is mostly being used in organizations, Colleges,
and Universities where patrons/users are structured in defined hierarchies.
Every user, be it Faculty, Non-Teaching Staff, or students, everyone has
their own designation and a Department which they are affiliated with. That
is how library people recognize them. But Koha does not have any field in
patron records for this crucial information.
My question is, Where do I enter, the name of the department and the
designation of each of my library members? Please advise.

Thank You
Rupinder Singh
Assistant Librarian
Central University of Punjab