[Koha] Publication charges: APCs, BPCs and all that

Wagner, Alexander alexander.wagner at desy.de
Wed Jun 21 02:08:48 NZST 2023

Hello!

Besides our current migration to Koha I am also involved in a project on handling Article Processing Charges (https://www.opencost.de/en/). There it would be interesting to us to learn more how other libraries do it.

So, if by chance you do handle publication charges (both closed as well as open access charges; it's a common myth that only OA publishers charge fees...) or someone in your institution does, it would be helpful for our project to learn about it.

To this end we set up a small survey https://forms.gle/S8qvuNjvXDJufrfv6

Personally, I'd also be interested if someone uses Koha to this end to explore our options after the migration. It may be suitable, but I had no chance to check out the details. (But from a very abstract point of view it is like buying books. Just way more expensive... ;)

--
Kind regards,

Alexander Wagner

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY