[Koha] web installer appears on upgrade

Daniel Owens dcowens76 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 03:06:01 NZST 2023

Hi, I am looking for help.

With a regular upgrade of the package in Ubuntu 22.04 using apt, there
was a problem running the upgrade script because of a second instance
installed and running. I removed that instance, and the upgrade script
completed successfully.

However, after the upgrade and before and after I removed that second
instance, my main Koha instance started showing the maintenance mode
message on the OPAC (complete with our header image, suggesting that it
is connected to the database). I thought I would check the staff client,
but that shows the web installer with this message:

  Welcome to the Koha 22.11 web installer

Before we begin, please verify you have the correct credentials to
continue. Please log in with the username and password given to you by
your systems administrator and located in
your|koha-conf.xml|configuration file.

That's not normal behavior, right? I double checked the configuration
file to make sure the right database, user, and password were there.

Anyway, I cannot take it out of maintenance mode. Can anyone point me in
the right direction for solving this? the Koha version is 22.11.07-2.

Thanks,
Daniel