[Koha] Fines are not generating in Koha

Mubassir Ahsan mahsandu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 18:36:34 NZDT 2023

Hello Everyone,
I'm facing a serious problem in generating fines.
1. Overdues are there, but fines are not generated.
2. I've changed and checked every setting in the system preference/fines
tab. Current Settings are:
finesCalendar:  usecalendar
finesMode: calculate & Charge
CalculateFinesOnReturn: Do
3. Cronjobs are also set up to run koha-daily and fines.pl individually.
4. I'm running koha version 22.05. Also tried with version 22.11.
5. Circulation policy is also set up to charge 5tk per day per book with a
7 days grace period.
6. Also compared the database with other koha database, everything is in
the place. But no luck.
7. Running the fines.pl manually generates following response from command
line:
/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs# ./fines.pl
Number of Overdue Items:
     counted 514
    reported 514
     updated 0

Can anyone face this issue, or have a solution please.

*Best wishes.--------------------Md. Mubassir Ahsan*
Phone: +8801916303060
Email: mahsandu at gmail.com
Facebook: mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>