[Koha] SIP2 login fails

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at bobsown.com
Tue Feb 28 08:39:06 NZDT 2023

I'm still trying to login to the SIP2 interface.  I keep getting a 940
response to the login.

I am connecting and sending 9300CN<ID>|CO<pass>|CPSLA|

The <ID> and <pass> are in the SIPconfig.xml file and I have logged in
to that user ID and password.

That user has a category of Professional Staff (STAFF) and can:

Check out and check in items
Staff access
Place and modify holds for patrons
Manage patrons fines and fees
Manage the electronic resources module

Are there any special things I need to know about that user/password?

I  am getting connected but keep getting an "Invalid password" to the
login.  The password has upper case, lower case and a digit even though
I'm not requiring strong passwords?

Since the Koha sip_cli_emulator is pretty much tied to the Koha server,
I wrote a little python program using Gossip from the Sip2.sip2 module.
I can run it offsite over a VPN.  It connects and also has a password
failure.

--
Bob