[Koha] Creating a database

Thomas Daly letterbox at daladi.com
Mon Feb 27 03:16:07 NZDT 2023

Hello,

I'm following the 'Koha on Debian
<https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian> ' guide but have got
stuck at the 'Create a Koha instance' part.  This section doesn't say
anything about supplying the 'koha-create' command with a MySQL username and
password.  I don't see how 'koha-create' can create the database if it
doesn't know the MySQL root password.

I tried putting the MySQL root login details in both /etc/koha/passwd and
/etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf, but I get this error:

# koha-create --create-db --passwdfile /etc/koha/passwd zilib

WARNING: The koha-common.cnf file is a dead soft link!

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)

koha-common.cnf is not actually a dead link but a text file.

Can anyone help please?