[Koha] Large number of action_logs records

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Wed Aug 30 07:22:48 NZST 2023

We're seeing a large quantity of records filling the action_logs table...
nearly 18,000 in the last 24 hours. This in turn uses a LOT of disk
space... it was briefly over 90GB until I intervened, and because MySQL is
dumb about shrinking tables we were fortunate I caught it in time.

It looks like the update_totalissues.pl script is running every night and
putting the entire biblio record into the info column in the table for
every record we have.

What could be causing this, and how can I stop it (without disabling the
job completely, which I assume is part of Koha and important)?

*Joel Coehoorn*
Director of Information Technology
*York University*
Office: 402-363-5603 | jcoehoorn at york.edu | york.edu

*Please contact helpdesk at york.edu <helpdesk at york.edu> for technical
assistance.*

The mission of York University is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society