[Koha] Clearing of users

Carlos Lopez clopez at dml.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 7 14:01:32 NZST 2023

Hi Tom

We only clean out old borrower records every 5 years or so (accounts that haven't been used in 5 years or more) so we have a lot of borrower records that belong to accounts that are not currently being used. Our main concern isn't loans (we don't have self-checkout, so staff are always involved in lending books) but rather access to on-line resources: Catalyst set up a script that runs nightly and sets the 'lost card' flag (which we don't use otherwise) for any accounts that expired that day. We then have a SIP rule in EZProxy to not authenticate borrows who have a 'lost card' flag set.

I don't know whether this will help directly, but it might give you some ideas.

With kind regards from the Dalton McCaughey Library Team

Carlos Lopez

Dalton McCaughey Library | 29 College Crescent, Parkville, VICTORIA 3052