[Koha] Indexing for indic-arabic scripts in koha

Rupinder Singh jessedhammu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 16:50:30 NZST 2023

Hi everyone,
I am using Koha which hosts books in multiple languages other than English,
including, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Assamese and Urdu, The Bibliographic
records for such books are multilingual (with Non-Roman characters in 880
fields). The system retrieves accurate results for English records, but for
non-English books like Hindi, and Punjabi the results are not precise.
I read somewhere that there is a specific command for zebra indexes that
enables non-indic scripts more accurately retrievable.
Could you guys help me out here, please?

Thank You
Rupinder Singh