[Koha] Cannot add biblio records

Παναγιώτης Θ panais_priest at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 02:19:34 NZDT 2022

Hello to everyone,

I am installing Koha for the first time in a local theological library and I would very much appreciate your help.
The task I was delegated to, is transfering an custom local library database, based on Unimarc, to Koha.
I  have installed Ububtu 22.04 in a VM and installed Koha with UNIMARC flavor without any errors.

After transforming biblio and authorities records from the old db, using MarcEdit, in a form and type so that can be added to Koha,
I encountered the following problem:
All biblio records (using Stage MARC records for import tool) seem to be held in reservoir and do not appear in the catalog.
Inspecting further the problem, I discovered that I cannot add a biblio record manualy, either!!!

I have searched in previous mails in the list many hours and on the internet but I havent found anything similar.
I followed tutorials and documentation but I still can't add any biblio record.

The volume of new information is really big and maybe It is something simple that I am missing but really I cannot understand this behaviour.

This is my setup

Koha version:   22.05.00.000
OS version ('uname -a'):        Linux panais-virtual-machine 5.15.0-52-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 13 08:03:55 UTC 2022 x86_64
Perl interpreter:       /usr/bin/perl
Perl version:   5.034000
Perl @INC:      /usr/share/koha/lib
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0
/usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34
/usr/share/perl/5.34
/usr/local/lib/site_perl
/var/lib/koha/library3/plugins
MySQL version:  mysql Ver 8.0.31-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 for Linux on x86_64 ((Ubuntu))
Apache version:         Server version: Apache/2.4.52 (Ubuntu)
Memcached:      Servers: 127.0.0.1:11211 | Namespace: koha_library3 | Status: running. | Config read from: koha-conf.xml
Zebra version:  Zebra 2.2.3 (C) 1994-2020, Index Data Zebra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. SHA1 ID: 6deac2408d36773b991ada867da4a9393bcc658e Using ICU
Zebra status:   Running
Message broker:         Using RabbitMQ
Date and time:  11/08/2022 15:06
Time zone:      Used: Europe/Athens | Config: Undefined | Environment (TZ): Undefined

I look forward to any kind of help,
It has been the last month that I am trying to setup Koha and I have to admit that I am
really overwhelmed with this staff that is definitely very new to me.
I have a IT background and work with a librarian that helps me with the library glossary part.

Thanks again for your time,
Panagiotis

PS. Koha's features are really exciting and hope we can manage to make the transition!