[Koha] Changes in File Structure

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon May 30 10:08:35 NZST 2022

Hello, all!

    In our latest exchange, on 27 May 2022 at 09:00 [JST], I received this from Karin Fischer:

> Between major versions there can be changes in the file structure and new files added often linked to new features. But this might not come so much as a surprise. I think we'd need more information on the confusing changes in order to tell you if things are as they should be.

    Yes, that’s what I told the team because every software package I’ve used has been restructured at some time in its development and often quite a few times over its lifespan. So does Koha from what I’ve seen, especially in its schema and file structure.

    That said, Biblio is the problem. The IT team and I were able to verify that the TAR files my library sent were correctly loaded into and accessible through Koha v. 21.11 — excepting the bibliographic information. When we checked MySQL directly, the bib. Info. also was there in addition to the patrons, preferences, and everything else. It’s now a matter of linking Koha with Biblio.

    Oddly, the IT team can access everything including the bibliographic information from the local host on tis site but not over the network setup yet. The team will be building the anew from the virtual machine of our development server and trying to see where the problem lies.

    Thanks for your confirmation, Karin.

    気を付けて。

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338 USA

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.